Currently | December 2015


Anticipating...the hope and motivation that comes with a new year. I'm excited about 2016. I've got a good feeling about it.
Cooking...I haven't cooked in like a month! It's about to drive me crazy. I really miss it. I'm thinking about whipping up a quiche today though, so there's that.
Enjoying...my sweet new Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors mug. My mom gave it to me as an early Christmas present. 
Feeling...physically? Sick. I'm pretty sure I've caught the plague. Not really, but I've got a sore throat and some pretty legit sinus congestion. Emotionally? Nostalgic. I'm just not in the Christmas spirit this year and I miss being a kid.
Learning...DIY home projects are not as easy as they appear on Pinterest. Ever.
Listening...
Reading...An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde.
Wanting...The bathroom to finish cleaning itself. Also to have self-folding laundry.
Watching...So.Much.Good Mythical Morning.

2 comments

  1. I know life is crazy and busy and it's the middle of winter and everyone is retreating...but, I really do miss your blog! :)

    I'm pretty excited about 2016 too. I always get excited about a new year, but there's something extra going on in my soul right now. I'm a little scared too. Do you have any goals/plans/hopes for this year? Are you picking a "word"?

    I love that you don't HAVE to cook if you don't want to. I've been doing SOOOO much cooking lately. I've actually got to stop for a bit because we have way to many leftovers. What's one recipe you want to try or that you've been in the mood to make?

    I love a good early Christmas present!!! That mug is so cute!

    Sorry you were sick! Are you over it now? We've been battling those SAME symptoms this week. My Mom went first. Then my brother got it and he's had it the worst. Yesterday it all started in on me, but today I'm already feeling a lot better and I'm hoping that I chased it away. As for the nostalgia...Enjoy it!

    DIYs are soooo overrated. For real.

    There's this site/app called smule and my brother (in SC) sent us a recording of him singing White Christmas (it was really for my Mom, but she shared it with us)...Well, that got me poking around on the site and listening to allll the songs I knew from way back when last night. I didn't see any Switchfoot on there, but there was plenty of Train and Three Doors Down. :)

    I made a rough 2016 reading list for myself yesterday morning!!! I'm taking suggestions from friends if you have any...I added Dorian Gray to the list so that you and I can chat about it! Your classics are always showing up on my goodreads and I LOVE that you've read so many this year. How many of Wilde's have you read now? Are you trying to read them all? Are you going to read the Read It bookclub pick for January? I've been looking forward to it for a while now!





    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... self folding laundry. It would be the greatest invention EVER!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me!