Week One of the Daniel Plan Recap

I promised to do an update, hopefully a weekly one, for the duration of 40 Days of the Daniel Plan. So here is week one! It's been exactly one week of clean eating, nothing to drink aside from coffee and water. I'm not doing the detox, but my sister and her husband are doing it and they are killing it!!

Starting Weight: 177
Current Weight: 171
Total Weight Loss: 6 pounds
Starting BMI: 26
Current BMI: 25.2


Thoughts: 
It's been a challenging week, not going to lie. I am missing bread like there's no tomorrow. I think bread is probably what I'm missing most, but I miss me some sweet tea too. But I gotta tell you, although it's been challenging, it hasn't been bad. I feared I'd spend the whole week depressed and starving, but it hasn't been like that at all. I've been feeling pretty energetic for the most part, reaching my 10,000 steps goal daily, until the weekend. :/ Also, I'm not starving like I expected.

I'll be honest though, I cooked dinner 4 times and then kinda gave up. Only one dinner I prepared was actually enjoyable, the others were only edible. After my 3rd attempt, I decided to turn to smoothies. So my plan the last couple of days have been smoothies for breakfast and dinner, a very colorful salad for lunch. Apples, almonds, and a larabar scattered throughout the day for snacking.



I actually really enjoyed the smoothies I tried this week and honestly looked forward to them! Also enjoyed taking selfies with them.

Week two starts tomorrow, so I'm going to try a few more recipes during the week and I'm committing to more exercise this week. It's so hard to get back in the habit of exercising regularly!My goal is 5 days of fitness, at least 2 of them being at the gym. So, let's do it!

No comments

Thanks for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me!