Books that Have Impacted Me | Blogtember Challenge

I love to read. Reading can take you anywhere, to any time, and you can be anyone. There's something so comforting about being in the presence of many books. I love it. Here are 5 books that have impacted me in some way:


5. Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman
This book really challenged me to become a follower of Christ, rather than just a fan. It really inspired my walk with Jesus to be deeper and more real than what it was before. 

4. Facing your Giants by Max Lucado
This was the first of Lucado's books that I read. I loved how he connected the problems we face to the the story of David and Goliath. It was a very interesting study on the story of David. After reading this, I was immediately a fan of Max Lucado and have been one ever since.

3. Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado
Another of Lucado's books makes the list. This book shares more insight on how we as Christians should reflect Christ in all that we do. The book really changes your perspective and helps us to see how we should live. No one can be perfect like Jesus but this book is a great guide on how to imitate His actions.

2. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
I read Harry Potter when I was in college, so obviously, I was a bit behind most people. But I credit this series with my love for reading. Before it, I hadn't read anything aside from assigned readings for school work. This series completely changed my ideas about reading. I became Sirius-ly (I'm sorry, I had to) attached to the characters, the locations, and the story itself. Not gonna lie, I was pretty bummed when it was over. I'm glad that this franchise has sooo many fans and that we keep the stories alive. 

1. Just Don't Fall by Josh Sundquist
I. love. this. book.
It's the story of Josh Sundquist, famous motivational speaker and youtube star, and his battle with childhood cancer. I'm not going to give any spoilers, but this book will have you laughing at times and crying at others. It's a must read. There are times the book is a little too honest but it's one of my absolute favorite books for sure. I highly recommend it!!

Which books have impacted your life?


1 comment

  1. Josh Sundquist!! I saw him speak once at a conference when I was a teenager. He was awesome. I should check out his book.

    I haven't read Harry Potter so look who's more behind than you. haha. Loved the pun though :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me!