My Favorite Season | Blogtember Challenge

My favorite season is absolutely autumn. I love everything about it. All the beautiful colors, all the scarves and boots finally making their debuts, all the delicious warm drinks, pumpkin flavored everything, and all the dark but beautiful nights.

I have lots of wonderful memories from the falls of my youth. (Wow, did I just say that? How old am I?!) Camping in the fall was one of my very favorites! I also loved to rake leaves and make them into shapes. My sister and I actually designed floor plans out of fallen leaves. We would create entire roads and neighborhoods! Church fall festivals were always a blast. The excitement of the upcoming holidays and planning for them always starts in the fall and it's such a fun feeling. For a kid anyway. As an adult it gets increasingly more stressful...but I digress.

My lovely friend Victoria summed up fall rather nicely on her blog. I absolutely agree with her that fall is a season for hope to be renewed! It's just a great time to pick back up your goals that you may have left behind in the summer and start afresh!

I'm getting so excited for autumn, especially after looking through pinterest for these photos. Thank goodness it's just around the corner!


I think Anne Shirley said it best in Anne of Green Gables:
"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." 

What's your favorite season? 

11 comments

  1. I like fall because of the colours! Its all so beautiful to see the changing colours as we are transitioning into the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You quoted one of my favorite quotes! October is a wonderful month! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Fall is my favorite season too!! I Iove everything about it, but especially the weather because it's just perfect! Not too hot and not too cold, just right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading all of these fall posts is making me sooo want fall to be here already!!! those boots are so cute. and of course, jumping in a big pile of leaves is still my favorite even as an adult, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Anne Shirley quote! I love fall too! The crisp air, colorful leaves, apple cider, and sweater and boot weather is perfection! I am getting married this fall, so that's one more reason for me to adore this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree that Fall is such a hopeful season, its absolutely my favorite and I wish it would just stick around all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEp! SO many autumn lovers out there! I think that the colors are pretty while they last, but to me, fall just means winter is coming!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall is my favorite season as well, for so many reasons...the gorgeous colors, cooler temps, all things pumpkin spice, football season (Roll Tide!), and of course boots and sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many reasons why fall is also my favorite season...the gorgeous colors, cooler weather for spending more time outside without sweating to death, pumpkin spice everything, college football (Roll Tide!), and of course, boots and sweaters, to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that quote!!! I'm sooo ready for fall! I put up my autumn decorations on September 1, and Matt and I have already been making homemade chai lattes. Hey, I was thinking about our leaf-towns just the other day, lol. Oh, how I loved riding my bike ("car") down our leaf-streets, passing the leaf-bank and all our leaf-houses. lol We were so...imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am freaking out right now. I would build floor plans and neighborhoods with raked leaves with my sisters too! Lol, woooooow. Our similarities freak me out sometimes, hahaha. BTW, Anne Shirley is one of the most smartical fictional characters ever. I love her poeticness, and it's true! October is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me!