September Recipe Roundup

One of the things I want to start on Living is Simple is a recipe collection at the end of each month. This will be the recipes I've tried during the month and a short review of each one and an explanation of any changes I made.


Chicken Tetrazzini : recipe here
This was a hit...it was super easy and really tasty. Plus it made enough for leftovers for lunch the next day. The only letdown is that it includes "cream of" soup and I really want to get away from that. I haven't found a good substitute yet. Anybody know of any? By the way, I think the recipe would be better without the cheese on top. I'm going through a weird phase where cheese has been grossing me out. I know...I never thought this day would happen.

Chicken Scampi : recipe here
Okay...the noodle and sauce mixture was fantastic. I ruined the chicken...and I cooked a LOT of it. This was my first attempt at frying chicken, and it all went south when my oil got dirty, and I kept using it. My chicken was burnt, but still pink in the middle...apparently because I was attempting to fry it too fast. I'd recommend pounding the chicken beforehand. If I make this again I may do shrimp.

Classic Lasagna : recipe here
This lasagna was good! In fact, both of my parents agreed it was the best they had ever tried. I'll definitely make this again. Plus it made enough to freeze for another meal...there are some advantages of feeding only 3 people.

Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole : recipe here
My opinion of this casserole is that you can't go wrong with potato and bacon, right? I thought it was pretty good, but to me, the chicken felt like a random afterthought. It just really didn't add anything to it. But overall, the recipe was good. Not sure if I'd make it again.

Bowties and Broccoli : recipe here
(pictured)
So obviously, we didn't have any bowtie pasta...so I used shells. This recipe is SO simple and I actually really liked it. I've made it twice this month already. I thought it was going to be bland, but I think the crushed red pepper helps add a little spice to it. 

Apparently, September was pasta month. Wow! I didn't realize how many meals I prepared actually included pasta. Haha.

Did you try any new recipes this month? Share!

No comments

Thanks for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me!